Wednesday, February 26, 2014

First blog post ever

It is Monday night around 8:30. Lucas is sleeping and I am trying to figure out how to set up this blog site so I can share what I am about to experience on my trip to DRC. Hard to believe it's just 2 days away.

Not yet sure how all of this blog stuff works..,guess I'll find out with this post. I will try to post a picture of the "felted bowls of love." Bowls knit and felted by hand with so much love by family, friends and myself for the 90 women at City of Joy (drc.vday.org). How moving it was to finally see all 115 complete and together for the first time today. Lib, Maryann and the Allens were all here. We put them together on the basement rug, arranging them to maximize color and pattern. Even put them in the shape of a giant heart. When Scott came downstairs and saw them he said, "I just want to spell the word 'hope'." The bowls exude hope, abundance, joy, beauty and love. I cannot wait to give them to the women.

More to come...just want to get started to see if this works.

Big love, ME


No comments:

Post a Comment